Monday, August 18, 2014

Investment Project Update 8/18

I've made some progress with the fund with slow capital contributions and some good trades.

Here's my recent closed trades.


And my Open Positions:


As you can see the rollover interest is doing great in my open position and I'd really like to hold on to this carry trade for several weeks and let it accumulate market permitting.  As of now it's earning a solid $14 a week in rollover.  It's tempting to want to double the leverage to $28 a week in interest but that would be far too risky.

Full Disclosure: Long AUD/CHF on fairly high leverage. About 8:1

I generally don't use more than 5:1 leverage but I am doing constant capital infusion.

Recent and total deposit since inception: $1000

Current realized portfolio value: $6105.71

Current unrealized portfolio value: $6245.74

2 comments:

  1. In general I'm not a fan of using leverage but I guess if you watch your investment closely and can afford to take a hit it can be a fast way to gain income. Thanks for sharing your recent trades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leverage is quite a bit different in fx than stocks. I'm not a fan of leverage in stocks either, especially those 2x or 3x leverage ETFs. But in Forex the volatility is so low a 2 or 3% move a month is considered a big move. Leverage is pretty common but I do know some traders that use 1:1 leverage or less in Forex.

      Delete